It’s #mentalhealthawarenessweek and a great time to check in with ourselves.
Redwood’s HR Manager Jen shares her top tips to help boost your mood:
– Daily exercise – going for a walk lowers cortisol levels in your system – a run in the rain or a walk in the sunshine is a great way to connect with nature and get moving.
– Get outside – whether you’re sat in the park or at the beach, vitamin D is a hormone that helps to regulate your mood and protects from serotonin depletion. (don’t forget the sunscreen!)
– Plan ahead- a holiday, a weekend break, a picnic with friends – our diaries have been empty for too long, it’s now time to make plans and have things to look forward to.
– Shock the senses – for people who like to push themselves to their limits; Ice baths and saunas are great for the mind as well as having physical health benefits.
– Sleep – Easier said than done but regular good night’s sleep is incredibly important for your mental health, try having a bath before bed to help you unwind or perhaps tune in to a podcast or get stuck into a good book – stay away from screens!
Last but definitely not least, check-in with each other, try to establish connections with your colleagues that communicate that you value, understand, and care about them. Be present, curious, and seize small daily opportunities to connect to others. It’s good to talk!